Friday, March 13, 2009

People in HCI - Dr Anne Adams

An infamous past acting in theatre and film led to years of work experience in Market Research. My reputation as a researcher was then saved by a degree in Psychology with IT. It was here that I realised computers can do quite useful things as long as they were designed for mere mortals to use them. I continued with this notion by studying an MSc in HCI (human computer interaction) at the UCL interaction center [formerly known as the ergonomics group]. I furthered my knowledge with a PhD at UCL, CS & psychology department. After a research fellow post at Middlesex University my quest to make computers work for people has now returned me UCLIC.

Collaborations: I enjoy collaborating with others and have worked and written with: Angela Sasse (CS, UCL), Ann Blandford (UCLIC) Peter Lunt (Psychology, UCL), Patty Kostakova (City University), Simon Attfield (UCLIC), Bob Fields (Middlesex University), Jeanette Murphy (CHIME, UCL).

Students I have also written with are: Maria Nilsson, Catherine Broome.


Source: http://www.uclic.ucl.ac.uk/usr/anne/

No comments:

Post a Comment